I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake.
always post the rules
answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 11 new ones (yeah, but I’m not going to write new ones or tag anyone. Just…copy/pasta if you like.)
tag 10 people and link them; let them know they are tagged
1. What’s one quote from a book/movie/comic/tv show that you relate to on a deep, spiritual level?
Well, let it pass, he thought; April is over, April is over. There are all kinds of love in the world, but never the same love twice.
2. Which fictional character is your spirit animal?
3. Your favorite breakfast food or maybe just the one you tend to eat?
Corned beef hash & 2 eggs, over medium with 1 slice of butter sourdough toast. Oh, and a large orange juice.
4. If your life was made into a television show, what would its opening song be?
Always Love~Nada Surf
5. What’s the best thing you feel that you did or accomplished this year?
Well, the kids are still alive….so, there’s that.
6. If you had to have a superhero as a parent, which would you choose? Why?
I think I’d choose Batman. He’s loaded, conflicted, and so busy with his own demons that he’d never have time to bug me about mine.
7. You can steal one item from a fictional universe and it will work the way it does there for you. Which item do you steal? What do you do with it?
A lightsaber. CUT SHIT UP…IT’S A MOTHERFUCKING LIGHTSABER!
8. What are your favorite pizza toppings? Which do you loathe?
Onion, tomato, & spinach are delicious. Pepperoni can fuck right off.
9. What’s your favorite headcanon about your OTP?
I think the one I’ve spent the most time thinking about is the Tyrion/Sansa ‘ship. Yes, I know they’re already married. But in a “perfect” world, they’d end up back together as she could be his redemption, and he has already been her safe harbor.
10. What’s one thing you wish you could go back in time and tell your younger self?
DO NOT MARRY THAT FUCKER.
11. You get to pick one fictional character to be your superhero sidekick. They don’t have to have powers or be from a superhero universe, but you’ll be stuck with them. Whom do you choose?
Sicarius, duh. My own personal assassin who’s also a neat freak and health nut? YUP.
Tags: here’s the deal. If you don’t want to do it, don’t feel pressured by being tagged. And if you do, and I didn’t tag you, just pretend I did. :)
I think I’m going to move all of my Note From A Dream series to my Blogger bloggy blog thing. I’ll leave the first one here, for anyone to read who would like.
I often write when I’m bored at work. It makes me look like I’m working, I get to empty my head of the vivid dream that I had the night before, and so we all win.
Here’s the latest little bit:
Gripping her spear, Ashala eased around the fallen logs that edged the canyon. Keeping her eyes on the dying houk, she listened to the stilled forest around her. Houk tended to wander in pairs; although Ashala had seen no sign of the male, odds were good he lurked somewhere close.
Lightly dropping to the next downed tree, she slipped through the broken branches left in the wake of the houk’s death throes. Just a few more steps and she could put her spear through its eye, ending the terror of half a dozen farms. She paused, listening intently as she watched the houk struggling to breathe.
"Foul half-breed," the houk wheezed as air escaped around the shaft of the arrow embedded in her lungs. Ashala didn’t respond, but resumed her careful descent towards the beast, her eyes never leaving the houk’s hate-filled gaze. Houk were evil-incarnate; the byproducts of the very darkest magic, they thrived on hate and death. They were also known to be devious, pretending to far more grievous wounds than they suffered in order to kill a Ranger. Their forelegs ended in three razor sharp claws, each the size of a man’s arm and each fully capable of taking down a mid-size fir tree. Ashala, being far smaller, did not intend to become one of the Silenced this day. So she continued to watch the houk even as she moved within striking range, drawing her spear back for the killing blow.
So, there you have it. 20 minutes of scribbling at work. Of course, I have dozens more…but this should be enough for now.